Diversified marketing and advertising campaigns are vital to an organization’s success. The coined phrase “Don’t put all of your eggs in one basket” holds very true when marketing an organization’s business. A business should diversify marketing efforts to multiple “baskets” so that the message is seen and heard by the most desired audience.
When making critical buying decisions, it is important to choose wisely and have a “media mix” as much as your budget will allow. When you’re considering some of your possibilities, here are a few notes to keep in mind on some of the media available:
- Many readers are paid subscribers, so there is a sense of trust between publisher and consumer regarding the information they are obtaining.
- Localized journalists and columnists engage readers. Newspaper websites are updated frequently throughout the day to capture breaking stories and attract viewers.
- Local and regional station personalities have loyal listeners. When they hear a commercial announced by their favorite radio personalities, it is almost as effective as an implied endorsement.
- Radio is a universal medium enjoyed by people at one time or another during the day, at home, at work, and even in the car.
- Social media sites are great for building a relationship with potential customers and enhancing existing customer relationships by offering the opportunity to connect in an entirely new way
- You can reach your followers by posting updates at close to no cost.
Paid Digital Advertisement
- You can pay using either CPM or CPC models and therefore have a very specific advertising focus (awareness versus driving conversions).
- You can change budgets, creative, and target audiences whenever you like and target highly specific characteristics.
- Has the ability to target psychographically
- The combination of pictures and words can make a commercial more real and illicit an emotion that’s harder to achieve in other forms of advertising.
Have your media mix work the best for you by having the different media complement each other, so it maximizes your return on investment!